The Governors form a supportive group that works co-operatively with the Headteacher and staff, helping make decisions about the best way to run the school. The group consists of representatives from the teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, local council and community. They have legal duties and responsibilities, including those relating to children with special educational needs. The Governors meet once a term at the school as a full Governing Body, and have committees which usually meet twice a term. Governors are appointed to work with the Headteacher to:
- Monitor and evaluate the standards of teaching and learning
- Monitor and evaluate health and safety within the school premises
- Review standards of behaviour
- Select and interview staff with the Headteacher
- Determine how the allocated budget is spent in consultation with the Headteacher
- Care for the premises under their delegated responsibility
All decisions must be agreed as a group and the minutes of the Governors’ meetings are available for those wishing to read them.
Our current Chair of Governors is Mrs A Briggs and can be contacted via our school office email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing Body Members 2018-19(PDF)
Governing Body Members 2017-18 (PDF)
Register of Business Interests (PDF)
Governing Body Meeting Attendance 2018 Autumn Term (PDF)
Governing Body Meetings Attendance 2017-18(PDF)
Paper copies of website information is available on request.