The Governors form a supportive group that works co-operatively with the Headteacher and staff, helping make decisions about the best way to run the school. The group consists of representatives from the teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, local council and community. They have legal duties and responsibilities, including those relating to children with special educational needs. The Governors meet once a term at the school as a full Governing Body, and have committees which usually meet twice a term. Governors are appointed to work with the Headteacher to:
- Monitor and evaluate the standards of teaching and learning
- Monitor and evaluate health and safety within the school premises
- Review standards of behaviour
- Select and interview staff with the Headteacher
- Determine how the allocated budget is spent in consultation with the Headteacher
- Care for the premises under their delegated responsibility
All decisions must be agreed as a group and the minutes of the Governors’ meetings are available for those wishing to read them.
Our current Chair of Governors is Mr A Stewart and can be contacted via our school office email address, [email protected]
Paper copies of website information is available on request.