The Governors form a supportive group that works co-operatively with the Headteacher and staff, helping make decisions about the best way to run the school. The group consists of representatives from the teaching and non-teaching staff, parents, local council and community. They have legal duties and responsibilities, including those relating to children with special educational needs. The Governors meet once a term at the school as a full Governing Body, and have committees which usually meet twice a term. Governors are appointed to work with the Headteacher to:
- Monitor and evaluate the standards of teaching and learning
- Monitor and evaluate health and safety within the school premises
- Review standards of behaviour
- Select and interview staff with the Headteacher
- Determine how the allocated budget is spent in consultation with the Headteacher
- Care for the premises under their delegated responsibility
All decisions must be agreed as a group and the minutes of the Governors’ meetings are available for those wishing to read them.
Our current Chair of Governors is Mrs MA Lee and can be contacted via our school office email address, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper copies of website information is available on request.